We specialize in the construction of custom design wooden pergolas that harmoniously fit into the style and size of your home and meet your requirements in terms of functionality.
A pergola is an outdoor wooden or composite structure, consisting of posts that support a roofing frame with beams and rafters. As a rule, it is made of various types of wood (e.g., pressure treated pine, cedar, or hardwood), but in recent years alternative materials (aluminum, composite) have been gaining popularity.
There are a lot of stylistic variations in the appearance and parameters of pergola installation. It can be freestanding or attached to the house or connected to the deck. The unusual design features most often manifest in the roof - it can be made of ordinary wooden rafters, giving shade, or a have plastic (or cloth) cover to protect from rain.
Why you need a pergola
- It gives a special look to your home and dramatically improves its appearance. First of all, it's a decorative element of your backyard.
- It improves the livability of your home and increases its value.
- Enhancing privacy and comfort. If your home is located in an area where houses stand close to each other, your backyard pergola can give you more privacy and a feeling of cozy intimacy.
- It may support a variety of creeping plants (e.g. flowering vines and grapes).
- It creates a shaded area for hot tubs, pools, outdoor kitchens, or patios.
- It's a convenient base for elements of outdoor lighting or ceiling fans.
Zebra Deck has a huge selection of pergola designs, but it is even more gratifying for us to implement the ideas of our customers! When preparing the project, we use advanced 3D software, which allows you to customize the design of your pergola to match the features of your backyard and house. Our customers are able to see the entire project in 3D and colour, and make the necessary adjustments.
During the construction of a pergola, we comply with all the requirements of national building codes. Zebra Deck pergola projects are characterized not only by the beauty of their structure but also by their durability, usability, and the strength to withstand high winds and snowfalls.
The average cost to build a pergola averages between $2,000 and $4,000.